When it comes to protection from cell phone radiation exposure I've been playing safe rather than sorry.
I’ve been very concerned about elecro magnetic fields (EMF) and cell phone radiation exposure for quite some time so my ears were truly burning when I heard that the IARC, the International agency for research into cancer has now officially labelled the radiation from cell phones as ‘possibly carcinogenic to humans’.
The IARC, a branch of the World Health Organisation, now groups cell phones into the same risk category as gasoline fumes, lead and the pesticide DDT.
There is no absolute conclusion- there have not been enough long term studies, but there was sufficient data for the WHO to be persuaded of a possible connection.
So now that mobile phone radiation and health is something we are all going to be paying more attention to, what options do we have to reduce the radiation from cell phones and protect ourselves?
19 Tips To Reduce Radiation Exposure From Cell Phones
1. Keep your cell phone away from your body - an inch at least. Every additional inch reduces your exposure. If possible avoid carrying your cell phone on your body anytime.
Magda Havas, an associate professor with the Institute for Health Studies at Trent University in Ontario, Canada, told CNN that when you hold out the cell phone by two inches it reduces the radiation by a factor of four. And the amplitude of the electromagnetic field is fifty times lower at three feet.
2. Don’t press your handset against your ear or head.
3. Don’t carry your phone in your pockets- if you do, point the keypad towards your body and the back of the phone away from your body. This ensures the transmitted electromagnetic fields move away from you and not through you.
The body tissue in the lower body area has good conductivity and absorbs radiation more quickly than the head.
One study shows that men who wear cell phones near their groin could have their sperm count dropped by as much as 30 percent.
4. Use your speakerphone – but do remember to be considerate and aware of others if you are in a public place.
5. Where it's possible, text rather than call. If you have a smart phone use emails or messaging services.
6. Get wired. Your phone should have come with a wired ear piece to enable you to use it hands free.
7. Use Bluetooth, but take the earpiece out when you have finished your call.
Don’t wear it all the time and switch it from ear to ear to avoid continual emf exposure on one side.
8. Keep your calls to a few minutes only.
Even a two-minute call has been found to alter the natural electrical activity of the brain for up to an hour afterwards.
As the biological effects are directly linked to the duration of the call make your longer calls on a landline. Make sure though that you use a corded landline phone. Cordless phones are wireless and so emit EMF in the same way as cell phones.
9. If you are using the phone without a headset, wait for the call to connect before you put the phone up to your ear.
This is because when you call someone, your mobile phone makes the connection at a high power initially, then reduces it down.
10. Don’t sleep with an active phone beside your bed or under your pillow.
11. During your call vary your phone use to both of your ears. Most of us favour just one ear.
12. Choose a wired landline phone to call from if possible.
13. If you are pregnant keep your phone away from your bump.
14. Avoid these EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) hot spots
Cell phones do not consistently emit the same radiation levels.
Reduce your phone usage:
in an area of weak signal as some researchers say your phone will have to work harder and so will emit stronger EMF on those occasions.
While on the move, e.g. travelling in a car . Your phone will have to work harder and increase its' power to connect to different antenna as it comes in and out of range whilst you are on the move.
In lifts, buildings and rural countryside again, areas where your phone will have to work harder to make the connection required.
Reduce your phone usage in confined spaces as you are exposing other people to your phones electromagnetic fields.
15. Reduce the time your children spend on mobile phones. Consider reducing it to emergency use only.
Researchers in the U.S., France and Japan have reported that children’s brains absorb twice as much radiation compared to adults because of children’s thinner skulls and because of their brains higher water and ion (charged particle) content, all factors which enhance radiation penetration.
16. Use a mobile phone with a low SAR (Specific Absorption Rate).You can check out the cell phone radiation level or ratings of your phone in its instruction manual.
SAR is a way of measuring the quantity of radiofrequency energy that the human body absorbs, but remember owning a phone with a low SAR is still is no guarantee of safety.
17. Use an EMF radiation protection shield like the
CieAura EMF holographic Chipto strengthen your bio energy field and reduce your exposure to cell phone radiation.
I’ve been placing this little CieAura EMF holographic sticker on my phone for a couple of months now but most people are unaware of this technology.
Watch this video to see the difference placing the CieAura EMF chip on this man's phone made.
Or, if you want to see this in more detail watch this:
"The discipline of working through the steps and key questions in the Smartest Goals process brings exceptional clarity and focus allowing me to achieve much more in a shorter time than I hertofore thought possible.
I would highly recommend this approach to anyone who wishes to achieve their dreams."